Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Blog Read

I have enjoyed reading several of the Must Read blogs. I found the blog by Maria Knee to be very user friendly. It looks like something that I could actually do. I like the simplicity of the site. There is a brief description of each entry followed by the picture or video. I don't completely remember how to put in pictures and videos but I'm sure that it is something I can easily do.

I found the coolcat to be far too busy for my taste. I wasn't sure how or where to begin reading. It's like trying to read the Magic School Bus books. If you don't decide how to read the pages you lose the story.

I enjoyed the classroom blog site. As a brand new user of this technology, it is very helpful locating blogs that I as a teacher would like to read without having to spend huge amounts of time trying to locate.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the coolcat blog and not knowing where to begin reading. I felt totally lost on the first sentence! I want to check out the Maria Knee blog. That sounds like my speed. I want to try something simple with my science students on endangered species. I like the idea that was in our text (I think) of having students become experts on a subject. Good luck with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip about the classroom blog. I also liked the way the organization is set up. I don't like to spend time searching and finding sites not designed for teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Randa:

    I agree with you about the second site- "cool cat". From a visual design perspective, I believe the columns are too much the same width and the header boxes are too contrasty. Subtle sights with clear heirarchys are much more enjoyable and guide the views through the information nicely.

    ReplyDelete