Thursday, July 16, 2009

Final Project

Literacy by Design pilot

The purpose for this project is to help me organize and collect the data that I will be gathering this year as I pilot the reading program Literacy by Design by Rigby. I am a third grade teacher and will be working with other third grade teachers as well as other grade level teachers across the district. I would like to use google docs as my tool to collect the data. Last year, the study group I'm was in took notes and and created graphs and charts using google docs. We also took notes using this tool. I think this would be a great tool for the pilot team to try using. I am going to suggest this process to the assisstant superintendent to see if this is something that we could do.

I would like to create some easy tools to collect information. We are all so busy that the simpler the better. I have already created a brief checklist to keep track of how the students at different levels doing. I'm thinking of creating a spread sheet to help keep track of pre and post testing. There should also be a way for the students to respond to this new program. I don't think this project change my teaching practice but it will help me professionally as I will need to continue to use these skills growing more comfortable each day. If the assisstant superintendent agrees to trying something like this, we can use it to communicate on the days we won't be meeting.


No comments:

Post a Comment