Thursday, July 16, 2009

How I Will Use RSS for My Professional Growth

I think I would like to use RSS to help me search for information that my students can access for their classroom research. In January, we usually begin working on a biography unit. Each child selects a person to research. In the spring, the class researches a planet and then teaches. I would like to to be able to have access to any new information without having to spend a lot of time searching for it.

For my own professional use, I want to begin using the items that are on my homepage and then add more as I find them. I think I want to search the areas of literacy, math, and science.

2 comments:

  1. Randa I see great potential for your biography and planet reports with RSS. Maybe next year I will be able to use RSS for biographies and planets too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randa- great use of RSS to help you "work smarter"! Remember that you can be a great technological role model for colleagues too- pay it forward, so to speak!
    P.S: Glad you liked the cow pics! :)

    ReplyDelete